Do you ever wonder if your dreams are trying to tell you something? Do you have reoccurring dreams? Have you always been curious to know a bit more about dreams? Are you a Therapist or Counsellor who would like to feel more confident working with dreams with your clients?
Apparently bizarre and unconnected imagery can become profoundly and deeply pertinent to our waking lives, when accessed in an embodied way.
Nobody can tell you what your dreams mean, their symbolism is completely and uniquely yours. It is possible however, to gain a deeper understanding of their resonance and relationship to your conscious life, by exploring them within the confidential context of a group.
Working with dreams can:
- deepen our understanding of their layers of meaning
- increase confidence in developing and trusting our inner wisdom
- build a bridge between our inner and outer worlds
- help with decision making
- help us make friends with and accept all the many parts of ourselves
- help overcome blocks and obstacles
- help us to see and leave behind habitual patterns and responses that aren’t working anymore, creating empowering new behavioural patterns
- enable us to reach our full potential and access our intuition, in a fully embodied way
- add to your tool kit if you work with others in a therapeutic context
- prevent you having re-occuring dreams/nightmares
Sharing dreams in the confidential context of a group can:
- bring fresh perspectives that we wouldn’t have seen before
- help us to stay with difficult/more uncomfortable parts of the dream, which we may avoid when working on our own
- enable us to experience the power of having our inner world witnessed within a held, confidential space
- be an opportunity to meet with like minded people
Dreamwork can be a gentle, powerful and magical process. This will be an embodied, experience-based introduction to Dreamwork with tips about how to remember and record dreams and work on your own dreams at home, alongside the opportunity for 1 or 2 people to share a dream and work on it with Jenny, witnessed by the group.
This taster is suitable for those with or without previous experience in Dreamwork and whether you can remember your dreams or not. Please have a pen and paper /Journal handy and a dream written down if you would like to share and work on your dream with the group.
Date:Thurs 26th May 2022
Time: 7 – 8.30 pm GMT
Meet: on-line via Zoom. I link will be sent when you have booked.
Jenny Smith is a practicing artist, qualified shamanic practitioner and bodyworker, who began working with her own dreams over 30 years ago. Her approach to dreamwork draws on deep listening, Jungian psychology and her training in Bodywork, Focusing, Indigenous ceremony and Meditation.
Comments from previous course participants:
“I’ve been attending one of Jenny’s on-line dream groups for almost a year now and have learnt so much about myself. Jenny has helped me to feel and embody the essence of my dreams as well as to notice patterns. As a result, I feel really in tune with own my vibrations. My life is so full of magic and wonder thanks to Jenny’s dream guidance! Aisak 2021
Jenny’s dreamwork is a wonderful freeing up from the analytical mind and a delving deep into a more embodied, creative, magical approach to dreams. Her skilful and open questions encourage one to feel into the essence and energy of the dream and to speak spontaneously from this place. Rather than fixing on one interpretation I had a sense that the exploration could be an ever unfolding mystery. Beautiful soulful work Kate 2020