A five part Drawing course in which we will cover all the basics of representational drawing : Line, Negative and Positive Space, Perspective, Proportion, Light and Shade.
This will be a process based drawing course in which we will explore each of these elements individually, through a series of fun, sometimes experimental exercises that will enable you to silence your inner critic and let your inherent creativity shine forth. Then put it all together on the final week.
Drawing is about looking and seeing clearly. When you learn to see what is really in front of you (and not what you think is there) you can draw it, with ease. Anyone can draw if they are willing to spend time learning to see clearly and learning how to put what they see down onto paper.
I taught this course for years in person, in the early stages of my art career
and am called to teach it again online.
- Each class will be two hours long, with a comfort break.
- We will utilize everyday objects around the house to draw from, so no need for any special artist set up
- You can do the exercises away from the screen, (whilst still connected via zoom, to enable you to ask questions along the way),
- relaxing music will be played to help you tune into the intuitive creative side of your brain, where your inherent creativity lives.
- There will be time for questions and sharing at the end of each workshop
- A list of the materials you will need for the whole course, will be given at the beginning, to enable you to order online, if you need to.
- The materials are simple and you will probably have most of them, or be able to easily obtain them
- You will need an internet connection and to be able to log onto Zoom, with camera and microphone working.
Dates: Thurs 4 March, 11 March, 18 March, 25 March, 1 April
Time: 7- 9pm GMT
Venue: In the comfort of your own home, via Zoom
Cost: £80/£70/£60 according to what you can afford.
Nobody will be turned a way through lack of funds during this time, so please get in touch, if you are struggling to afford this
Jenny Smith is a practicing artist, astrologer and holistic practitioner. She went to Art College at the age of 24, with no formal qualifications in art and graduated with a first class degree in Drawing and Painting from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art. She been a practicing artist for 28 years. She has won a number of awards for her artwork and has work in collections nationally and internationally.
Convinced everyone has creativity, Jenny delights in facilitating it’s emergence